It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 A Personal Request 

Post A Personal Request
As some of you have already noticed, I'm currently writing for the Star City Games Talent Search...I get at least one more article, and I'm really hoping to turn this into a regular column on casual/multiplayer magic. However, you write what you know, and most of my Magic experience over the last couple of years has been with you guys, so I have to ask if anyone minds me using their names if I write about our games. I didn't really think about it for the first article (and wasn't sure I'd make the cut), but in the future I don't want to refer to anyone by name if it would make them uncomfortable, so please let me know if you would like me to refer to you by a pseudonym.

Just to clarify, "referring to anyone" means using first names and perhaps a little bit of personal information (e.g. "an American", "a student", "a teacher"). I wouldn't give enough info to make you identifiable to anyone outside our group. Also, i know we've had more than our share of personal friction within the group, but I promise to do my best to keep any references respectful and positive; I have no interest in twisting events to make me look cool or anyone else look like a fool.

Finally, the casual articles will go up on November 11th and 25th and December 9th. I'd be grateful if you could check out Starcitygames.com on or around those days and vote for me if you think my writing deserves it. Who knows, maybe having a Tokyo-based weekly columnist will be good for the international Magic scene here!

Cheers,
Daryl

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: A Personal Request
Hey guys,

The first round of voting starts today and ends, I believe, on Saturday. Please check out my article at and vote for me. Unless you think the article sucks, in which case please let me know how to suck less.

Cheers,
D

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 am
Profile E-mail

---------
Post Re: A Personal Request
Hey Daryl,

I read your articles on starcitygames.com and found them thought provoking. I went to the forum and posted a reply to one of the articles. If you have a chance go there and read what I said.

Jeffrey

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]